Tuesday 3 March 2015

The Struggle of the Unemployed

Hi everyone,
Today's post is a little different to normal. I’ve been trying to get a job for the past 3 months and have had no luck, so I thought I would share my thoughts with you.

I was talking to my mum today and I feel like the employment world has changed a lot. It seems employers want people with qualifications and experience and aren’t willing to employ people with little or no experience but are very capable of doing that job and are so willing to do their best they just don't have the piece of paper to prove it.

I mean employers don’t have to because for every job that is advertised they have hundreds of applicants, why would they employ someone that needs more training when they can pick someone who can fit right in and not need anytime spent on them?
But this makes it very hard for people like me and I’m sure a lot of other people who have had a bit of experience but still need a little help to get up to speed when starting out in a new job. It frustrates me because I have wanted to work since I was about 15, but to this day have not had a full time job because no one will give me a chance to start.


I am a qualified beauty therapist with just under a year of experience. My last job I was there on a "trial" for 3 months and when that finish they told me they didn’t want me to work there any more as their clients didn’t like having a younger therapist and that I couldn't communicate with them because of the age difference and didn’t have much experience dealing with customers. 
But instead of them giving me the experience I needed to help me grow they let me go, I would have been quite happy to do reception or anything if it meant it would help my career in the future.

I think employers are becoming lazy because they have so much choice they don’t have to up skill the staff they have because there are plenty of other people looking for work that don’t need the training. It makes me feel like I am unemployable and will never get a good job and get to do some of the things I want to and achieve my goals.

Is this in every field of work or just the beauty industry?

I'm 22 years old living off my parents still, with a student loan that has to be paid off or next time i go home to New Zealand I won’t be able to leave till it is. I had plans to travel at the end of the year but that won’t be happening for a very long time now as right now I have $50 to my name. You're probably thinking "why don't you just get any job like a cleaner or waitress" (I have actually done these jobs to get by in the past).

I'm probably too fussy but I would like to get a job in the field I trained in, and still have to pay for, but from today I will be applying for anything I can get again. Because, if I don't get the work experience now is anyone going to employ me in a year or so when Ive had even more time out of school and still no experience.

I am sorry this is a bit of a negative post but I wanted to write something a bit deeper than about my "favorite lipstick or drink at the moment" I wanted to share a little of what I’m thinking and how im feeling. I had planned to post some facts about me and have written that post which I will put up next week, so check back for that.

Has anyone else found getting work hard? Or have any tips for me on how to get a job I can call a career?


P.S. Make sure you follow me on social media the links are on the side I would really appreciate it. You all help to keep me motivated to keep posting. xx
UA-60734864-1

2 comments:

  1. It's great that you shared your feelings and thoughts with us. Have you ever searched for jobs that are available on the internet? I think there are plenty of opportunities on the internet to earn some money, so search a little bit more if you haven't already. But, don't get disappointed if you don't find any job for now, whatever happens its not the end of the world, you have to believe that one day it will be better and you'll find a job, but don't lose hope :) I believe that you can do that, so you should believe in yourself also. Never give up even if it seems like it's very hard sometimes, I know how you feel, but you know, the most successful people are those who have had billion failures until they became successful, so don't lose your hope and work very hard to make your dreams real :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you I am still trying but it very hard. have found something that's kind of online but it will take a bit of time to make a living. Thank you so much for your words they help to keep me motivated :)

      Delete